Posted by HardOCP News 9:32 AM (CDT)
Thursday July 14, 2016
That robot that ran over a little kid at a mall earlier this week (here) has been suspended until further notice. The incident is being reviewed and the company CEO has issued an apology. The image below shows the murderbot targeting its next victims.
"Our primary mission is to serve the public’s overall safety, and we take any circumstance that would compromise that mission very seriously," said William Santana Li, Knightscope’s chief executive. The Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, Calif., said it is investigating the incident, and has docked its robots until the investigation is complete. The robots also report for duty at Qualcomm Inc., Uber Technologies Inc., and other corporate campuses and sports arenas.